“A Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils” with Cori Noll
Episode 5: “A Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils” with Cori Noll
- Cori got started using essential oils several years ago when a co-worker gave her some oils to treat an ongoing tension headache. After experiencing some immediate relief, Cori became very interested in using oils to improve her health with natural products.
- Cori and Dr. Luke will be co-hosting a workshop on Tuesday, July 9th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss natural pain relief and ways to use essential oils. If you’d like to join them, please send an email to Luke@GordonPhysicalTherapy.com or call his PT clinic at (509) 892-5442.
- The show covers 4 main topics, which are listed below.
- Topic 1: Intro to essential oils. Cori explains the origins of essential oils, which dates back to the Bible, as well as use by the Egyptians and Romans. She also shares more of her personal story regarding her tension headaches.
- Topic 2: The most common oils and their uses. Sticking with the theme of helping people get started with essential oils, Cori then discusses the 3 easiest oils to get started with, which are lemon, lavender and peppermint. According to Cori, there are over 100 uses for these 3 oils!
- Cori also shares some information on how each oil can be used, and well as how they’re made. Depending on the type of oil, they can be steamed or cold-pressed.
- Topic 3: Essential Oils and modern medicine. Should oils be used in conjunction with modern medicine, or as a replacement, or as both? Cori discusses these ideas and explains how she sees using oils in conjunction with modern medicine as the best option. One of the positive aspects of using essential oils, is that you can use them to help optimize your health and prevent the need for things like pharmaceuticals.
- Topic 4: How to get started with essential oils. Cori then explains a handful of ways people can start using essential oils in their homes. This includes using various oils in a diffuser, as well as some practical cleaning applications. She also explains the differences between “cold” and “hot” oils and how to use the appropriate “carrier oils” to dilute certain oils for topical applications.
- If you’d like to learn more about essential oils, or you’d like more information on doTerra, you can reach out to Cori on social media or you can email her at CoriNoll.email@example.com
- Connect with her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CoriDell93
- On Instagram: @essentiallyCori
- On her doTerra page: https://www.mydoterra.com/corinoll
- Thanks for listening! – Luke Gordon
Monday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Gordon Physical Therapy Spokane Valley
626 North Mullan Road #4, Spokane Valley, WA 99206
© 2022 Gordon Physical Therapy