Paleo Almond Cookies
May 31, 2017
Every once in a while, you just need a tasty dessert to get you through the week (or to help you celebrate)!
The nice thing about most Paleo desserts in that they tend to be high in fat and protein and fairly low in sugar, so they’re actually fairly healthy, at least as far as desserts go.
So if you’re in the mood for something a bit sweet, and you enjoy the taste of almonds, I think you’ll love these cookies. They’re one of my favorites!
- 2 cups Almond Flour (aka meal)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1.5 Tbs Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and stir together
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well (dough will be very sticky, so you may add the 1 Tbs of water if needed)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Shape dough into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Flatten the balls into discs.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, making sure they don’t burn
- Let cool on the baking sheet (allow them to fully cool before grabbing them!)