Waiting for Total Knee Replacement (TKR) Surgery? Do these 5 things NOW!!!
Sept 11, 2021
Right now, a lot of people are waiting to have Total Knee Replacement (TKR) surgery…
Every week at the clinic, we’re getting calls from our clients telling us that their surgery has been pushed to a later date, often several months down the road.
If you were planning to have total knee replacement surgery, but your surgery has been delayed, there are 5 things you should be doing right now to improve the condition of your knee and to increase your chances for a quick recovery after surgery.
Here’s the quick list of these 5 things:
- Strengthen your quad muscles
- Stretch your calves, hamstrings and quads
- Ride a stationary bike
- Reduce knee and leg swelling
- Get on top of other types of pain (like ITB pain, hip bursitis, buttocks pain, and back pain/sciatica)
I’ll explain these 5 things in detail in the video below!
Also, if you’d like even more tips and advice on how to make a full recovery from total knee replacement surgery, visit https://www.gordonphysicaltherapy.com/total-knee-replacement/ to download my free report.
– Luke Gordon, DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy/Owner of Gordon Physical Therapy)